Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a tasty treat that best suits hot summer days and is always a hit at parties! You can vary many of the ingredients, trying different berries or flavours of puddings, or even the type of cake on the bottom! Options are endless :-D
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 quart blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (30 g) packagejello fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 1 (170 g) package Dream Whip
- Slice up strawberries, saving a few to garnish. Sprinkle with Splenda and mix with blueberries (save some of these too!), set aside.
- Prepare pudding as directed with skim milk. Refrigerate.
- Cut (with a knife) or tear 1/2 of the angel food cake into 1" cubes/pieces and place at the bottom of a large glass bowl.
- Splash 1 Tbps. sherry onto the cake (less or more, as you desire).
- Spoon 1/2 of the berry mix on top, spreading evenly.
- Spoon 1/2 of the pudding on top, spreading evenly.
- Repeat with remaining cake, sherry, berries and pudding to make another identical layer.
- Prepare Dream Whip as directed, and use to top the trifle. Decorate with whole or sliced strawberries and blueberries in a simple design.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve in small bowls. Enjoy!
I doubled the recipe and served it in a punch bowl for a crowd and everyone raved about it for days. I did not have sherry and it did not matter, everything else was done per your directions. Thank you for sharing this easy, yummy and impressive recipe.
This was a nice treat!...I made a few changes though! I used a frozen 4-berry combo and didn't use sherry. Also, I layered the pudding before the berries. Finally, I used cool whip on top instead of dream whip. It was really pretty and impressive to my guests! I guess it was a good thing I burned the top of my Angel Food cake and needed to find a way to save our dessert! The berry trifle worked! it was such an easy way to do angel food cake. Thanks LeeLoo!