1/3 Photos of Summer Berry Sabayon
bluemoon downunder's Note:
One of the recipes of the month - March 2005 - in the BBC Good Food magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until pale and thick, using a hand-held electric beater.
- 2Preheat the grill.
- 3Add the Frangelico to the egg mixture and place the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure the water doesn't touch the base of the bowl.
- 4Continue whisking for at least 10 minutes, or until the mixture is pale and very foamy. It should have increased in volume dramatically.
- 5Put the mixed berries into a heatproof serving dish. Spoon the sabayon over the fruit and sprinkle the almonds on top.
- 6Place under the hot grill for 2-3 minutes, until the almonds and the sabayon colour slightly.
- 7Decorate with sprigs of mint and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Berry Sabayon
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.4
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 188.8 mg
- Sodium 9.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: