Recipe by MarlaM
I saw a few recipes for Summer Berry Pie, but this one is different than the others, and sounds really great! I can't wait to try it. This is from the 2001 Taste of Home Annual Recipes cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder or 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 graham cracker pie crust (9 inch)
- 4 cups whipped topping
- of fresh mint, and (to garnish)
- additional sliced strawberry (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in gelatin until disolved.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in berries.
- Pour into crusts and chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping, mint and strawberries.