Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful cocktail that screams summer!! Fresh berries and mint! Does it get any better than that? Enjoy! If you don't keep simple syrup on hand just use a 2 tsp. of sugar to muddle with your mint.If you don't have access to fresh berries, frozen will work as well. Other recipes here on Zaar have more detailed directions on how to make a basic mojito, the latest rage in the cocktail world.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces light rum
- 3 -4 blackberries
- 3 -4 blueberries
- 3 -4 red raspberries
- 8 -12 fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- soda water
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- Muddle mint, simple syrup or sugar, berries and lime juice.
- Fill glass with crushed ice — it is very important to use crushed ice, not cubed — then add rum.
- Stir well until the ice is reduced by 1/3, then top with more crushed ice, stirring until glass begins to frost on the outside.
- Spritz with soda water and stir one last time to incorporate.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Great mojito recipe. Very refreshing and beautiful to look at. Summer in a glass. Thanks for posting.
Great mojito recipe! Loved the addition of fresh berries. I didn't have the simple syrup so I used the 2 tsp of sugar. Very refreshing on a hot day, but be careful, could barely taste the alcohol, lol! Thanks for a new mojito Babe!!!!