Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Adapted from a food blog.
Top Review by Dwynnie
I did use a different filling recipe (my cherry pie recipe, but I just didn't feel like making pie crust) and put it in the oven until bubbling before adding the dumplings, so this review is just for the dumplings--but what a great biscuit top for a cobbler! I made them as drop biscuits on the cobbler and they were so super easy and just fantastic! Thank you for the great recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen berries or 1 (16 ounce) packageequivalent of fresh berries, your choice
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄8 cup milk, skim is OK
- 1 cup baking mix
- 2 tablespoons baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 dgrees F.
- Bring berries, butter and 1/2 cup sugar to a boil and melt all sugar, stirring constantly.
- Pour berry mixture evenly into lightly greased 9” round cake dish.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add milk, baking mix and oats mixing well. Dollop mixture over hot filling.
- Sprinkle dumplings with sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.