1 hr 15 mins
This is from Chef Chloe's website ... plus another great way to make vanilla whipped cream with coconut milk
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vanilla bean whipped cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, chilled (not lite, preferably Thai Kitchen brand or 365 Whole Foods brand)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split (seeds scraped)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil or 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup soymilk, almond milk or 1/2 cup rice milk, plus extra for brushing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries or 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2To make the Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream.
- 3Chill the bowl and whisk of a stand mixer in the freezer for about 30 minutes. If they are not very cold, the cream will not whip properly. Skim the solidified coconut cream off the chilled coconut milk and transfer the solids to the bowl of a stand mixer. Do not include any of the coconut water, even if you have to leave behind a little margin of coconut cream (even a little bit of coconut water can harm your results).
- 4Add the powdered sugar and vanilla bean seeds, and whip for a few minutes until the mixture begins to stiffen and turn into whipped cream. Work quickly so everything stays cold. Chill whipped cream in a covered container in the refrigerator. It should firm up even more as it sits in the refrigerator for the next few hours or overnight.
- 5To make the dough.
- 6In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate small bowl, whisk the oil and nondairy milk, and add it to the flour mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined and the consistency is sticky and dough-like. Do not over-mix.
- 7To prepare the fruit.
- 8In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add berries and toss with a large spoon until the berries are coated with the sugar mixture.
- 9To assemble and bake the cobbler.
- 10Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 11Pour the berries into a 9- x 13-inch baking pan or distribute evenly into 8 ramekins. Using a tablespoon, scoop lumps of dough on top of berries. Brush the top of the dough with nondairy milk and generously sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 45 minutes or until dough is thoroughly cooked and lightly browned on top. Be sure to rotate after 20 minutes so that it bakes evenly.
- 12To serve.
- 13Top each serving of cobbler with a dollop of chilled Coconut Whipped Cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Berry Cobbler With Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.3
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 241.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 58.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: