Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This four berry cobbler, topped with blueberry scone dough and baked is to die for! Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence of the Food Network.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blackberry
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, plus more, for dusting
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- melted butter
- 2 cups flour, plus more for rolling berries
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut in chunks
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk or 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine berries with sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Spread berry mixture out on a 10-inch tart or gratin dish.
- To Make Scones:.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Cut in butter using 2 forks or a pastry blender.
- The butter pieces should be coated with flour and resemble crumbs.
- In another bowl, mix buttermilk and egg together, and then add to the flour mixture.
- Mix just to incorporate, do no overwork the dough.
- Roll blueberries in flour to coat, this will help prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom of the scone when baked.
- Fold the blueberries into batter, being careful not to bruise.
- Dollop spoonfuls of scone dough evenly over the top of the fruit and leave a border around the edge of the dish for spreading.
- Drizzle the surface with melted butter and dust with sugar.
- Set on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 to 35 minutes until the top is golden brown and the fruit juices bubbling.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.