Recipe by BecR
Sweet ripe fresh berries nestled in airy clouds of Chantilly cream. Simple, yet elegant. This is a lovely light and romantic dessert that's gorgeous served in pretty dessert glasses or a glass trifle dish, strewn with pink rose petals.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced (or fresh berries of your choice)
- 8 fluid ounces whipping cream, well chilled
- 2 tablespoons your favorite liqueur (try Madeira, Sherry, Amaretto, Grand Marnier or Limoncello)
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted (confectioner's sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/2 teaspoon rose water)
- 1 cup sponge cake, cubes (optional)
- chocolate curls, to garnish (or lemon curls or sliced almonds or pink rose petals)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a chilled bowl with chilled beaters, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add the liqueur, icing sugar, and extract, whipping constantly until soft peaks form. Do not over-beat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, alternately layer the fresh berries with the Chantilly cream, and the cake cubes (if using) in dessert glasses or a trifle dish.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a berry.
- Garnish with your choice of chocolate or lemon curls, sliced almonds or pink rose petals, as desired.