We made this a few times last summer, I just got some fresh green and yellow beans..so i did a combo..turned out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, oregano, and parsley)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb green beans, fresh any kind or 1 lb a combination of green beans and yellow beans
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1In a medium-size bowl, toss the shallots with vinegar.
- 2Add cubed mozzarella, herbs and oil.
- 3Toss well to coat, season with salt and pepper and marinate for a few hours or overnight to let flavors blend.
- 4Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil and add 1/2-teaspoon salt.
- 5Drop in the beans and cook until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes for small young beans and up to 6 minutes for larger beans.
- 7Toss the hot beans with the olive oil, shallots, tarragon, 1/2-teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 8The beans will soak up the flavors as they cool to room temperature.
- 9Toss in the cherry tomatoes.
- 10Season and drizzle with additional oil and vinegar if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Beans With Marinated Mozzarella and Cherry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.5
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 185.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: