Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
We made this a few times last summer, I just got some fresh green and yellow beans..so i did a combo..turned out great.
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (basil, tarragon, oregano, and parsley)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb green beans, fresh any kind or 1 lb a combination of green beans and yellow beans
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a medium-size bowl, toss the shallots with vinegar.
- Add cubed mozzarella, herbs and oil.
- Toss well to coat, season with salt and pepper and marinate for a few hours or overnight to let flavors blend.
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil and add 1/2-teaspoon salt.
- Drop in the beans and cook until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes for small young beans and up to 6 minutes for larger beans.
- Toss the hot beans with the olive oil, shallots, tarragon, 1/2-teaspoon salt and pepper.
- The beans will soak up the flavors as they cool to room temperature.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes.
- Season and drizzle with additional oil and vinegar if desired.
Marvelous salad. The more herbs the better. I made extra for lunch tomorrow but I'm afraid it's all gone, already.