Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is an easy, tasty way to serve asparagus. The recipe is from Family Circle.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed (stem ends peeled, if thick)
- 3⁄4-1 lb grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 -4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk balsamic and red wine vinegars, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil in a thin stream. Stir in chervil and shallots. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Steam asparagus until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Arrange asparagus and tomatoes on a large platter. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Drizzle with half of the dressing. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- Note: This may be served warm, room temperature or chilled.
We loved this dish and the balsamic vinegar used in it. We fought over the other half of the sauce used for dipping. I did not have shallots so I used a sweet onion. Also no grape tomatoes so I halved a whole and took out the seeds so it would not be so juicy. I'll be making this one again thank you for posting. I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game.