Recipe by JQ Chef Mama
This is an easy, tasty way to serve asparagus. The recipe is from Family Circle.
Top Review by Charlotte J
We loved this dish and the balsamic vinegar used in it. We fought over the other half of the sauce used for dipping. I did not have shallots so I used a sweet onion. Also no grape tomatoes so I halved a whole and took out the seeds so it would not be so juicy. I'll be making this one again thank you for posting. I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed (stem ends peeled, if thick)
- 3⁄4-1 lb grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 -4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk balsamic and red wine vinegars, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil in a thin stream. Stir in chervil and shallots. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- Steam asparagus until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Arrange asparagus and tomatoes on a large platter. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Drizzle with half of the dressing. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- Note: This may be served warm, room temperature or chilled.