I make up this salad just about every weekend. Not only is it fresh-tasting and nutritious, but it gets even better with each passing day (in the fridge). I guess I could call this our 'Summer Addiction'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb vary-coloured pasta shells (I get the imported Italian stuff as the colours stay brighter and prettier after cooking)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans canned corn niblets, drained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, one drained, the other not
- 1 red pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1 green pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1 red onion, minced
- 10 gherkins, chopped
- 1Cook the pasta until al dente.
- 2Drain and run under cold water.
- 3Drain well.
- 4In a large bowl, combine pasta with kidney beans, corn, tuna (including the oil in one tin), onion, peppers and gherkins.
- 5Combine all dressing ingredients and pour over pasta.
- 6Toss to coat and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to cool and blend flavours.
- 7This is great even 2-3 days after making!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Addiction Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 1620.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 25.0 g