Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is fresh and light, perfect for finishing off a meal of grilled summer fare. Use the freshest, ripest fruit you can find. I used to buy fruit salad like this many years ago from a seaside fruit stand -- I think they used their bruised fruit to cut up for the salad, and it was my favorite thing to buy at the beach. The "cooking" time is actually chilling time, to allow the fruit to macerate and the mint flavor to spread through.
- 2 large peaches or 2 large nectarines
- 2 large plums or 3 small plums
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mint leaves (about 1/3 c packed, 1 small handful)
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Dice peach and plums into 1/2-inch size (approx. 1 cm).
- Slice grapes in half lengthwise.
- Finely mince the mint leaves.
- Mix all the fruit and the mint leaves in a bowl with 3 Tbsp of sugar. Cover and set aside in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Just prior to serving, mix remaining 1 tbsp sugar and vanilla with the heavy cream, and whip until it holds soft peaks.
- Mix the fruit thoroughly one more time, some of the raspberries will have macerated to juice, and that is deliciously fine!
- Serve fruit in bowls or glasses (or paper cups if you want to).
- Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
I made this salad for a summertime brunch, served along with a breakfast sausage and cheese casserole, biscuits, coffee and punch--perfect. Thanks for sharing. I can always count on the recipes at Food.com.
Beautiful and delicious salad. I'm at the end of the season here, and couldn't find fresh raspberries. I substituted strawberries. It was still delicious! I made this for Zaar 123 Hit Wonders Tag!
WHAT A GREAT TASTING SALAD, & a wonderful way to bring summer to a close! I added an additional cup of fresh raspberries just before serving & left the whipped cream on the side so there would be a choice! A WONDERFUL FRUIT DISH & a recipe worth keeping! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]