Recipe by Crystelle
A nice salad to use when you're grilling outside. I think it's a pretty addition to the table and has a little more nutritional value than the typical corn or potato chips! :)
Top Review by **Mandy**
I love the potential of this salad, it is so healthy, I didn't add black beans but added some chopped tomato, capsicum and grated carrot. I liked it but I think I would prefer it with a different dressing. I think a curry mayo dressing would be fab with this.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 bouillon cubes (any flavor) or 4 teaspoons instant bouillon granules (any flavor)
- 2 cups quick-cooking barley
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup honey mustard dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine water, bouillon and barley.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the liquid is gone and barley is tender.
- Place cooked barley in a bowl.
- Add beans and green onions.
- Toss with dressing.
- Serve or chill several hours before serving.