Recipe by TheDancingCook
Oh, this is so good! A great "different tasting" picnic salad. Sweet and tangy, with a little crunch.
Top Review by Stephanie Jones
This salad was so easy and inexpensive to make. I needed something quick to make for a small get together and this salad was perfect. Everyone loved it, I will definetly be making this salad for family picnics this year. It is a sure win!!! S.Jones
- 24 ounces packaged coleslaw mix
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 5 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, very broken up, use noodles only, discard flavor package
- 8 ounces sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Accent seasoning
- 6 -8 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coleslaw, chopped scallions and broken noodles in very large bowl.
- Bake almonds& sesame seeds onto ungreased cookie sheet at 300 degrees for 5-7 minutes, then toss into slaw-scallion-noodle combo bowl.
- Mix the salad oil, sugar, Accent, rice wine vinegar, salt & pepper in separate bowl.
- Mix into salad mixture.
- Marinate overnight, stir occasionally.
- *Make sure noodles are very broken up, and very soft when serving this; important to marinate overnight!
- *I usually double the ingredients in step #3; add 1/2 of dressing to salad for overnight marination and add other half upon serving, to freshen up the salad if needed. The noodles tend to soak up the dressing overnight, especially if using 5 packages of noodles.