Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Anyone who ever passed through Chillicothe, Ohio has some idea of what a Sumburger is. This unique hamburger is a great change from the usual hamburger. The original restaurant was a drive-in and is still a very popular place to get good food.
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (can use mayo, but my family always uses Miracle Whip)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish (use the juice too)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded thinly (do not mix into the sauce until ready to eat)
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and refrigerate for several hours.
- Before assembling the hamburger, mix the sauce and the shredded lettuce together.
- The hamburger consists of a regular bun, one slice of American cheese, one cooked hamburger patty, and the sauce with the lettuce mixed in it.
- This sauce and the lettuce should fill four sandwiches.
We loved this GREAT sauce for our cheeseburgers!!!! I used mayo because we prefer it and it turn out wonderful and I can't wait to make it again for friends. This is a winner, Carole in Orlando. Thanks so much for sharing it!!!!!
I have this same exact recipe, and it really is amazing! I live in Chillicothe,Ohio myself,and we LOVE Sumburger!! This is a great sauce to jazz up your burgers!!! Hope everyone enjoys!!!