Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine in a doctor's waiting room and because we love the flavour of the Middle Eastern Spice Sumac I copied the recipe onto a scrap of paper. Pita bread or any flat bread can be used if lavash bread is not available. This is just so easy but so great.
- 2 slices lavash bread, white
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1 lime, zest of, only
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, flakes
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F).
- Place bread onto a baking tray, lightly spray with olive oil and sprinkle with other ingredients.
- Bake 8 minutes or until golden and then roughly break into pieces.
mmmMMMmmm.... very tasty! I'd be less liberal with the flaked salt next time because the sumac and lime tend to accentuate the sensation of saltiness. I let them bake about 1 minute longer for a bit more crispiness and color and the texture was fabulous! I've also used flour tortillas in a pinch for the "bread" and everyone at the party I took them to raved. They were gone within minutes! I love the versatility of lavash; you could really let your imagination be your guide when thinking up toppings, but this method combined with the great ingredients made for a fantastic, well-loved snack. Thank you, Ninna, for posting!