Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have taken this recipe from Moxie’s Sumac Salmon #61262 because we loved it so much and wanted to try sumac with chicken. It worked! Just love the flavour of sumac, wish it hadn’t taken me so long to discover it. Marinating time isn't included in prep. time - I didn't have time to marinate for more than 15 minutes tonight and it was still wonderful.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons ground sumac
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- lemon wedge, to garnish
- Rub sumac into the chicken breasts and pour balsamic vinegar over and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes in the fridge.
- Spray oven tray with olive oil spray or use baking paper lined tray and bake in 180degC (350degF) oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked, depending on thickness of chicken breast.
- This can also be cooked on the stove top or bbq.
Loved this, first I'd used sumac too and so happy. Combined with the balsamic viniger it gave a lovely tang to the chicken that I really enjoyed. I also loved the idea that it seems to be low in fat and calories too. I served this with steamed rice and vegies and will be having it often. Made for the Herbs of the month thread.
We enjoyed this. I did this in a skillet, and used chicken thighs. I had never really used sumac before, and it added a subtle citrusy taste to the chicken, as well as a lovely color. I deglazed with some chicken broth and a touch of vermouth to make a pan sauce and served with rice. A very nice dish.
Thanks for a keeper :) It was the first time I had used sumac and I am pleased that I did. Very easy to make and I can see this recipe being used in the summer on the bbq. :)