Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sumac carrot salad with almonds & olives
- 1 . set 1 bunch whole carrot (6-8)
- 2 . set 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 . set 2 big handfuls baby rocket
- 4 . set 1/2 cup toasted almonds, sliced lengthways
- 5 . set 1 cup kalamata olives
- 6 . set 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 7 . set 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 . set lemon, zest of
- 9 .set 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F Peel and trim carrots. Cut any large carrots in half lengthways to roughly the same thickness.
- Toss carrots in a large bowl with salt, pepper and olive oil. Massage into the carrots so that each carrot is well coated. Place into a large baking dish so the carrots are in a single layer and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes until carrots are golden and tender.
- To make the sumac lemon dressing, combine RawSpiceBar’s Sumac, 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic cloves, honey and salt and pepper to taste. Shake well to combine.
- Arrange baby rocket leaves on a large platter and top with roasted carrots. Sprinkle over the almonds and olives and just before serving drizzle with the dressing. Serve alongside RawSpiceBar’s roasted bronzini & hazelnut dukkah flatbread.