Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This is a hungarian dish. Always serve while warm.
- 8 red potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Peel, cut into slices, and place in mixing bowl.
- Dice and fry in frying pan 1/4 lb. bacon, till almost crisp. Do not let burn.
- Remove diced bacon and place into mixing bowl with other ingredients.
- Peel and dice onion and place into reserved bacon fat. Saute a few minutes.
- Remove sauted diced onion with slotted spoon and place into mixing bowl.
- Into at least 2 Tbs. bacon fat, cook 2 Tbs. flour until smooth and bubbly, add 3 Tbs. vinegar and 2 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoons salt, and enough water to make a medium sauce. (About 1 cup or more).
- Bring to a boil and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Pour over ingredients in mixing bowl, and toss and mix.
- Taste, if needed add more salt. (Vinegar and Bacon are salty, so add salt last).