Prep 7 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from a lady named Dana Kayal. She was in Calgary, Canada and dined in a fabulous restaurant called the Sultan's Tent. They serve authentic Morrocan food and this is one of the wonderful recipes she ate. When she told them how good it was and she wanted the recipe, they gave it to her!
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch salt
- Steam carrots lightly until tender crisp, about 4 minutes. The carrots may be roasted or pan fried also which will bring out more flavor. Mix with remaining ingredients and let marinate 2-3 hours. To eat this warm, just heat the carrots and dressing slightly.
- Serve on plates and enjoy!
This recipe has a great combo of spices that make this carrot dish very satisfying! Was tempted to leave out the cayenne but am glad I didn't as it added I nice warming touch! Thanks for yet another keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my vegan teammates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap II]
I preferred the taste of this salad warmed rather than at room temperature. I think pan frying or roasting the ingredients would be even better to caramelize the sugar! This was served on a bed of mixed greens. Olive oil was the oil of choice and I would be more inclined next time to use toated cumin seeds for cumin powder. A sprinkle of toasted almonds would be a nice touch, too. Easy as pie to put together, especially since I micro-steamed the carrots briefly. Thanks for posting. cg
ok i will rate this again lol this is a easy tasty dish that would go with about everything i loved the lemon with this