Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple tasty sauce to pour over your favourite ice-cream made in the microwave
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 60 g butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (more if you like)
- Combine sugar and water in a large bowl, cook on high in your microwave for 2 mins, stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Cook on high for about 8 mins or until syrup turns a light golden brown.
- Stand 5 minutes, add remaining ingredients, stir until butter is melted.