1/1 Photo of Sultana Cake
1 hr 15 mins
An excellent alternative to traditional fruit cake for those who do not like peel etc.. Full of sultanas it keeps well and tastes great. This recipe is also easily doubled as shown in the birthday cake photo posted. Makes a lovely formal cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put all sultanas in a large pot and cover with water, boil gently for 5 minutes.
- 2Strain sultanas in a colander then put sultanas back in pot.
- 3Add butter, stir and leave to cool.
- 4beat eggs in with the sugar then add to sultana mix then add essence, 2 large cups plain flour and the baking powder.
- 5Mix well with wooden spoon till combined.
- 6Line 9x9in cake tin (or other suitable tin)with greased paper on bottom and sides.
- 7Bake in 190 celsius oven for 30-45 mins till knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 8Ice with one layer of almond icing and one layer of royal icing and decorate as desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sultana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.4
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 82.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g