Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
They may only be off the back of the Sultana Bran cereal box...but they're great! I LIKE them. Sometimes the best things in life are found in simplicity. Note: It's a Kellogg's recipe, but I'm sure any brand of sultana bran-type cereal would work. Also, I've had these with chunky chocolate squares mixed in, which was definitely a welcome touch.
- 150 g low-sodium margarine
- 2 cups sultana natural bran
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 1 cup white lily self-rising flour, sifted
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan over low heat or microwave.
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl until well combined.
- Spoon mixture onto non-stick baking sheets and press down lightly with a fork.
- Bake at 180 deg. C for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets before transferring to wire cooling tray.
Melting Pot, we liked these too! I substituted butter for the margarine since we prefer butter and these mixed up very quickly and easily in one large bowl. My DD enjoyed helping spoon the easy to handle mixture onto the baking trays. I did have to cook them 8 minutes longer so that they cooked though, but they came out well and we liked them. I'm pleased to have a biscuit(cookie) recipe that includes the bran flakes that we already like and will make these again. Please see my rating system: a very well deserved 4 stars ! Thanks :)