1/1 Photo of Sultana and Apple Slice
Looking for diabetic friendly sweet recipes for the DM and this one I think she will enjoy, from BH&G Australian Diabetic Living. PLEASE NOTE - food.com would not accept apple puree (1x140 gram tub is required) emphasising what is required in brackets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 100 g muesli (1 cup 97% fat-free)
- 90 g sultanas (1/2 cup)
- 80 g self-raising flour (wholemeal specified 1/2 cup)
- 30 g almond meal (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon oat bran
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 140 g applesauce (apple puree1 tub)
- 80 ml skim milk (1/3 cup)
- 1 egg (50 gram)
- icing sugar (to dust) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 170C (fan forced).
- 2Spray a 4.5cm (deep) x 7.5cm x 25cm (base measurement) bar pan with cooking spray and line with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang sides.
- 3Put muesli, sultanas, flour, almond meal, oat bran and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir well.
- 4Put apple puree, milk and egg in a small bowl and whisk to combine and then add apple puree mix to the muesli mix and mix until just combined.
- 5Spoon mixture into the bar pan and smooth surface with the back of a spoon.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 7Set aside pan for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8Dust with icing sugar, if using, to serve and slice into 16 pieces/slices.
- 9Accompany with a glass of skim milk or your favourite cuppa or just pop into the lunch box as a snack.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sultana and Apple Slice
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 88.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g