Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I was experimenting a little bit with pomegranate syrup and a dry vermouth yesterday and this cocktail was the outcome. After a few more cocktails I still didn't have a title for it. By that time I was listening to an old song from "Dire Straits" and use the song title for this cocktail. It sure has Swing and the intense red reminds a bit of the orient. It is a bit more toward the sweet side, but you can add some more lemon juice. The dash of salt emphasizes the different flavours.
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate syrup
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth (Noilly Prat)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- lemon wedge, for decoration
- Keep the grenadine and the Noilly Prat in the fridge. So they are already cold enough.
- Mix first four ingredients.
- Fill a Martini glass with ice.
- Pour the mixture over the ice and garnish with lemon wedges.
- NOTE: I love Noilly Prat and would recommend to use it. If you can't get it, use a very dry vermouth. Use a high quality pomegranate syrup, because it makes this cocktail.
This is really good! I was quite surprised. I was searching for a cocktail recipe but had very limited options. Then I found this. It is so nice, I had to rate it right away.