Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious and easy I love being able to use stuff already in the house to make dinner. I threw this together this evening and it was a winner. Served it with corn on the cob and smashed new potatoes.
- Mix first four ingredients together.
- Add 2/3 package of the soup mix to the meat mixture and stir together by hand.
- Make 4 or 5 small patties a little larger than a palm of your hand.
- I pan fried mine for about 2 minutes per side in nonstick skillet and then placed in casserole dish.
- I cooked the sliced onions till carmelized and set to the side.
- In the same pan I poured 1 1/2 cups of the water in and brought to boil.
- In measuring cup i added the package of gravy mix and the other 1/3 package of soup mix with the other 1/2 cup water. Once water boiling add gravy soup mixture cook til thickened.
- Once gravy is thick pour over patties and baked in the oven for 45 minutes on 350.
- Plate and put 1/4 of cooked onion on patty.
- Serve with sides and enjoy.
Fabulous recipe!! I put this together in the morning and popped it in the oven hours later. The gravy is so rich and savory which makes it perfect for topping mashed potatoes. My son said he wasn't hungry til he saw what was being served. He ate the leftovers I had planned for my lunch tomorrow! We will certainly enjoy this again and again. MERP'd for Spring PAC '12.
Love this! Something different to do with ground beef that has an old TV Dinner nostalgia (for me), but is much better. I used half a package of soup mix in the meat mixture only, which was plenty, and used broth thickened with a little corn starch dissolved in water instead of the brown gravy mix.
OUTSTANDING, AND EASY TO MAKE. Made exactly as posted. Very flavorful, and can not wait to try again. Went great with the salad I made, and a nicer cold beer. Made for Pick a chef.