I love salad wedges and think this is the best iceberg wedge salad that I've tasted.
Make and share this Sullivan's Steakhouse House Iceberg Wedge recipe from Food.com.
- 7 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large iceberg lettuce (or 1 1/2 small)
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded diced
- For the Dressing: Place 7 oz. blue cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, sour cream, oil, sugar, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Using a hand-held mixer on low speed, combine all the ingredients, scraping down the bowl once.
- Refrigerate 24 hours or as long as 3 days.
- For the Salad: Cut the lettuce head in half. Then cut each half in thirds (if small, cut each half in half).
- Trim the core from each wedge.
- Place the wedges on chilled salad plates. Spoon about 1/3 cup of dressing over each wedge, allowing it to run over the sides. Sprinkle each with blue cheese and tomatoes, dividing evenly.
- Serve chilled.
Excellent! I love a wedge salad with a really great blue cheese dressing just like this one. I made this exactly as written and was very pleased. I'll be making this dressing again for other salads as well. Thanx for sharing!
I have been to Suulivan's, one of my favs, their blue cheese dressing is without a doubt the BEST. I frequent all the big name steakhouses and Sullivan's takes the prize in this category. The recipe is outstanding, and anytime I make it the first thing people comment on is how it's the best they ever had!