1/5 Photos of Sullivan's Steakhouse House Iceberg Wedge
I love salad wedges and think this is the best iceberg wedge salad that I've tasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large iceberg lettuce (or 1 1/2 small)
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded diced
- 1For the Dressing: Place 7 oz. blue cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, sour cream, oil, sugar, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Using a hand-held mixer on low speed, combine all the ingredients, scraping down the bowl once.
- 2Refrigerate 24 hours or as long as 3 days.
- 3For the Salad: Cut the lettuce head in half. Then cut each half in thirds (if small, cut each half in half).
- 4Trim the core from each wedge.
- 5Place the wedges on chilled salad plates. Spoon about 1/3 cup of dressing over each wedge, allowing it to run over the sides. Sprinkle each with blue cheese and tomatoes, dividing evenly.
- 6Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sullivan's Steakhouse House Iceberg Wedge
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.7
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 1065.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: