Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A filling, healthy, and delicious soup with a kick to it. Great for cold days or evenings! If you make extra, it tastes fabulous the next day since all the flavors have melded a bit more. To make it less spicy reduce the amount of red pepper flakes and de-vein/de-seed jalapenos. Also, I highly recommend using fresh ginger not powdered ginger, or it will not taste the same!
- 3 (11 ounce) cans vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced jalapeno
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon crushed gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Chop all ingredients to the size you prefer and throw in a pot except cabbage.
- Add vegetable stock to pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add cabbage and allow to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and add salt and pepper to taste.