Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Enjoy this pound cake anytime. Makes a lovely addition to a Sukkot Celebration.
- 2 -3 tablespoons dairy-free margarine, melted (or non-dairy butter)
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup dairy-free margarine, at room temperature (or non-dairy butter)
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated, for garnish
- Preheat Oven to 325*F.
- (Prepare Pan).
- Brush bottom and sides of 9- by 5-inch loaf pan with melted margarine, dust with almonds and set aside.
- Beat 1 cup margarine until soft and fluffy in bowl of electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in lemon juice and zest.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and gradually stir into margarine mixture. Blend well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Slide knife around sides to loosen. Tip cake out of pan, set upright on rack and cool completely.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar and grated lemon zest.
I'm all for the great taste of lemon ANYTHING & especially when it comes to a pound cake like this one ~ LOTS OF WONDERFUL LEMONY FLAVOR here! This is another one of those recipe I made to see how it might do during the up-coming winter holidays, & it definitely passes the test! I'll be making this one several times again even before the end of the year! [Made & reviewed for one of the co-hosts of Pick A Chef]