Nice and real easy traditional Japanese Style food! These bowls can be of the Ziplock type or other freezer bowls and can be used as a meal for new neighbors, a sick friend or just for you. I found this on landolakes.com. Update 01/07/2008 I remade this and used peapods with less bamboo shoots, sliced red pepper strips with less water chestnuts, increased the garlic to 1 tsp, increased the green onions to 1/3-1/2 cup, and some crushed red pepper flakes, for that extra zing! Just a thought!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml olive oil
- 680.38 g beef sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 473.18 ml water
- 78.07 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 226.79 g package sliced mushrooms
- 226.79 g can bamboo shoots, drained
- 226.79 g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 354.88 ml fresh bean sprouts
- 59.14 ml sliced green onion
- 29.58 ml sugar or 29.58 ml sugar substitute
- 2.46 ml finely chopped garlic
- 59.14 ml water
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 1419.54 ml fluffy cooked white rice
- 1Melt butter in 4 quart saucepan until sizzling; add half of steak strips.
- 2Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Remove meat with slotted spoon.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Cook remaining steak strips.
- 6Return all meat to saucepan.
- 7Add all remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup water, cornstarch and rice.
- 8Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to low.
- 10Cook until flavors are melded and mushrooms are tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- 11Increase heat to medium-high.
- 12Combine 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in small bowl.
- 13Stir into steak mixture; continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil.
- 14Cook 1 minute.
- 15Remove from heat; let stand to cool 15 minutes.
- 16Divide rice among 8 microwave-safe resealable plastic food bowls; evenly divide steak and broth mixture over rice.
- 17Cover; freeze until serving time.
- 18*Tip: uncooked long or medium grain rice usually triples when cooked. For 6 cups cooked rice, start with 2 cups uncooked rice.
- 19**Tip: to reheat, loosley cover bowl; microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH(70%) power 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sukiyaki Big Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.9
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 427.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 22.6 g