You need an electric skillet for this wonderful meal. Sukiyaki is a very popular one-pot meal in Japan. The main ingredient is thin sliced beef; it is simmered in a skillet in the sukiyaki sauce with many vegetables and other ingredients. The quality of beef used in Sukiyaki is very important. It's a fun and perfect dish for a party or a romantic meal for 2! All you need to do is cut ingredients and place in a large plate and cook in an electric skillet placed on the table
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced in strips
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 stalks celery, cut diagonally
- 1 bunch green onion (2-inch lengths)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cups angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 8 ounces tofu, cut in 1-1/2-inch squares
- 1⁄2 Chinese cabbage, chopped, not too large, not too small
For sukiyaki sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs or 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- Slice vegetables and arrange on large platter. Mix sukiyaki sauce in separate bowl.
- Heat oil in electric skillet, brown meat, sprinkling with 1 teaspoon sugar and some sukiyaki sauce;(move over to one side). Place ingredients in skillet (keep separate) and pour sauce over.
- Cover, bring to boil and cook 2 minutes. Simmer until all ingredients are softened.
- Dip the cooked sukiyaki into the raw, beaten eggs and begin to eat.
- As the liquid boils away, add more sukiyaki sauce.
- Spinach is a good subtitute for chinese cabbage.