Recipe by Bluenoser
Either chicken or beef will make excellent Sukiyaki. If beef is used, cut thin slices of steak into strips (This is one of my favorite Oriental recipes)
- 2 (2 lb) raw chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup soya sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sake or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 8 green onions, cut in 2 inch lengths
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 (10 ounce) cansliced drained mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced bamboo shoot
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken meat into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Lightly brown meat and chopped onions in salad oil in a frying pan.
- Add sugar, water, soya sauce and sake (or sherry) and the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil quickly and cook uncovered about 10 minutes stirring occasionally until vegetables are crispy tender.
- If desired, serve with bowls of hot rice.