Recipe by hellokitty
Recipe from Food Network. This way of eating Sukiyaki is different from the way I am used to eating it, which is as a sort of hot pot soup.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup soup stock
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 ounces shirataki noodles (yam noodles)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, soaked, rinsed and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 2 leaves napa cabbage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, stock and mirin together in a bowl. Arrange meat and vegetables on a large platter.
- Heat an electric skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Add oil to the skillet and heat. Brown meat in the oil, adding sugar slowly. MOve the meat to the corner of the skillet when well browned.
- Add other vegetables, keeping each separate. Add sauce and cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Uncover and turn all ingredients while cooking for 2 minutes more.
- Serve on small plates.