Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A friend I used to work with gave me this - they're more flavorful than typical baked beans. If you get baked beans without pork and omit the bacon, it makes a great vegetarian dish. I'm guessing on the servings, but this will almost fill the average crockpot.
- 1 can drained kidney bean
- 1 can drained lima beans
- 1 can drained butter beans
- 2 cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Blend all ingredients well in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours (I wish there was more, but that's it).
As Chris said, these beans are full of flavor. The recipe did not specify prepared or dry mustard; I used a heaping tablespoon of prepared yellow mustard, but next time I make these I will use the dry. Definitely a keeper!
For those vegetarians out there, you will also need to omit the worcestershire sauce as its main ingredient is anchovies! But I'm sure the recipe will be great without it or maybe add bbq sauce instead?
Very Good Thanks!