1/2 Photos of Sugo Di Pomodoro Fresco
Taken from Love Italian v2
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 kg roma tomatoes (or equivlent canned tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 large red onion, finely diced (brown works ok too)
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 375 g tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt & pepper
- 1Cut a cross in the pointy end of each tomato and place into boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from water and set aside to cool. Remove skins and discard. Chop the tomatoes into 1cm sized pieces.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, add carrot, onion, celery and garlic and cook uncovered on medium for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, brown sugar and stock and bring to the boil, stirring continually.
- 5Reduce head and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Season with salt & pepper and using a stab mixer, puree the sauce until smooth.
- 7Serve with prepared pasta of your choosing.
- 9Add fresh herbs such as oregano, flat leaf parsley or basil.
- 10Add 500g pork&veal mince to make it into a bolagnaise.
- 11Can be used for parmigiana.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugo Di Pomodoro Fresco
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 638.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g