Recipe by KitchenManiac
This a very OLD Singaporean/Eurasian (caucasian mixed with asian blood) cookie recipe. I have tweeked it a little to suit my family's taste. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Top Review by Wei
very crunchy and tasty. added whole almonds on top of the cookies...turned out really good. next time i'll reduce the sugar, a bit too sweet for me, but still fine. however, aren't sugee cookies meant to be soft?
- 125 g butter
- 75 g soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 g plain flour
- 75 g semolina
- 25 g ground almonds
- almonds, strips
- 1 egg white, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- GREASE baking trays lightly with butter and preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Cream butter, sugar and essence until light.
- Sift in flour.
- Add in semolina and ground almonds to combine well into a dough.
- Pinch off pieces and roll into small balls and place on prepared trays.
- Press with a fork.
- Brush lightly with egg white and press two almond strips in the centre of each pressed out dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 13 to 14 minutes or until cookies turn golden.
- Leave on the tray for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove onto a wire rock to cool.