1 hr 20 mins
This is a very famous cake among the Portuguese Eurasian families. No Christmas tradition is complete without it in Malaysia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 180 C and line one 8" cake pan.
- 2Whip eggs whites to a stiff froth and set aside.
- 3Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 4Add rose essence, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and almonds. Mix in semolina flour.
- 5Fold in self raising flour and alternating with the egg whites, a little at a time until well blended.
- 6Bake for one hour until golden brown, or the cake skewer comes out clean when you stick it inches.
- 7Remove from pan and leave to cool. Pour brandy over and let it steep for a few hours. Tastes best if you let the brandy steep in the cake for a day.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.3
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 311.8 mg
- Sodium 295.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: