Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- cooking spray
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30 g butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, extra
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- Coat 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish with cooking oil spray.
- Sift flour, caster sugar and cocoa into large bowl; add combined milk, essence and butter, stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish; sift combined brown sugar and extra cocoa evenly on top.
- Carefully pour hot water over pudding. Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven about 50 minutes or until pudding is firm. Serve dusted with icing sugar, if desired.
Made for PAC Fall '07. When I read this recipe I thought there is no way this is going to work but I kept thinking about how good it sounded. So I gave it a try and well let's just say that my blood sugar hasn't been this high in a long time. I could eat the whole thing but then I would probably be over the toilet the rest of the night. Everyone should try this recipe.