Recipe by sugarrushkid
Top Review by Jacqueline in KY
Made for PAC Fall '07. When I read this recipe I thought there is no way this is going to work but I kept thinking about how good it sounded. So I gave it a try and well let's just say that my blood sugar hasn't been this high in a long time. I could eat the whole thing but then I would probably be over the toilet the rest of the night. Everyone should try this recipe.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30 g butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, extra
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish with cooking oil spray.
- Sift flour, caster sugar and cocoa into large bowl; add combined milk, essence and butter, stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish; sift combined brown sugar and extra cocoa evenly on top.
- Carefully pour hot water over pudding. Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven about 50 minutes or until pudding is firm. Serve dusted with icing sugar, if desired.