Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my local newspaper. It was featured on the cover of the Food section this holiday season titled Visions of sugarplums by J.M. Hirsch. The picture is gorgeous. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but it sounds fantastic from the ingredient list. Can't wait to try it out.
- 1. In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the sugar, cardamom and cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- 2. In a food processor, pulse the pecans until roughly chopped. Add the pistachios and pulse again until both nuts are finely chopped. Transfer the nuts to a separate bowl and set aside.
- 3. In the food processor, combine the dates, apricots and figs. Pulse briefly until roughly chopped. Add the raisins and cherries, then continue pulsing until the fruit is evenly chopped and begins to clump.
- 4. Return the nuts to the food processor and add the rum or orange liqueur. Pulse until just mixed. If the mixture does not stick together, add additional rum or orange liqueur.
- 5. Roll the mixture into balls, a teaspoon at a time, then roll each ball in the granulated sugar until well coated.
- *Note: Sugarplums can be refrigerated in a sealed container for as long as a month. If you layer the sugarplums, place a sheet of waxed paper between layers.