Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These fruit confections are easy to make and great to give as tasty treats for the holidays. Often sugarplums are not made with plums at all. You can use them but in this recipe it calls for gold and red colors which is great for the holiday presentation. I saw this on my morning news and loved it.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Finely chop apricots, walnuts, raisins, cherries, and coconut in a food processor (or by hand using a sharp knife).
- Add orange juice and vanilla and process for 5 seconds (or add fruit/nut combination to a bowl, then add liquids and stir).
- Using your hands, form mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Notes: Try using different dried fruits such as figs, prunes (dried plums), apples, cranberries, etc. Also, use any fruit juice if you prefer.