Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was developed by my wife for a diabetic Norwegian friend and boy did he love it. It is from her Swedish Mor-Mor's (Grandmother) recipe.
- Boil 1 1/3 cup of water. Add rice, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until rice is tender.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, lightly beat egg whites and egg.
- Add Splenda and beat.
- Add the milk, vanilla and almond flavors and beat until well mixed.
- Add the rice and stir until soupy.
- Lighty sprinkle with cinnamon to top.
- Bake at 350 in a water bath for 1 1/2 hours or until it is mostly firm.
- Traditionally served with Lingonberries, cranberry relish can be substituted.