This recipe comes from "Preserving for All Seasons" by Anne Gardon. I'm going to make this as a present for my grandpa and his wife, both of whom are diabetics. It makes a very small batch, so there is no need to worry about canning, and it couldn't be easier for a beginning jelly-maker! Anyone could probably make this one!
- 2 lbs Italian plums, pitted and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate
- Combine the plums and apple juice in a heavy saucepan or small stockpot. Cook, uncovered, over moderate heat until thick, about 1 hour. (Stir occasionally so it doesn't stick or burn.).
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars and seal. Allow to cool thoroughly.
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.