Recipe by EagleRocker
I made these for my 10 month old son! i broke it apart into finger food size pieces and he gobbled it up! I plan on trying this with veggies as well! *NOTE: the oats look really dry but are fine after they are pureed. These are best warmed up a little and are more like a bread. The dough looks more like pancake batter.
Top Review by Anonymous
Pretty simple and turned out well. I made a few tweaks but I think it'd still turn out well if you followed the recipe to the letter. I used olive oil instead of melted butter, regular white flour, I didn't purée anything, so the oats are still a little chunky and I added a few chopped dates. Also baked in mini muffin trays rather than on a cookie sheet because I felt like it
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup plus one tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 mashed banana
- 3 tablespoons of melted organic butter
- 1⁄4 cup organic whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- combine oats, milk, and vanilla. puree in a food mill or processor. *The oats will look really dry even with the liquid, but once they are pureed it is fine.
- add the mashed banana to the oats, puree.
- Add the melted butter and flour, puree. It look likes more pancake batter than cookie dough.
- Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet. bake for 20 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.