Top Review by Milkman's Daughter
This is my husbands favorite cheesecake. Actually my entire family really likes it because it is not so sweet. Thank you for posting...I just had an old copy out of a magazine and it was looking pretty worn. Making this for Valentines Day :).
- 1 1⁄4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Equal sugar substitute
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 5 1⁄2 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and 1 teaspoon Equal; press into bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of 9-inch spring form pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven until crust is lightly browned, 8 minutes or so.
- Cool on wire rack.
- With electric mixer beat cream cheese and 5 1/2 teaspoon Equal for recipes in large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, egg whites and corn starch.
- Mix in sour cream and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour mixture into crust in pan.
- Place cheese cake in roasting pan on oven rack.
- Add 1 inch hot water to the roasting pan.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven just until set in the center, about 45-60 minutes.
- Remove cheese cake from roasting pan and sprinkle with reserved crumbs and return to oven.
- Turn oven off and let cheese cake cool in oven with the door ajar for 3 hours.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove side of pan.
- Place cheese cake on serving plate.
- Serve with fresh fruit and strawberry sauce, if desired.