1/4 Photos of Sugarless Fruit Nut Muffins
This is from another website. I did a few changes, I have made 12 muffins with 2 cups of chopped prunes. Also made them with dried apricots and dates. You would never know these didn't have sugar in them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped prune
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cut in pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (I am going to use egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine water, dates, raisins and prunes.
- 2Boil for 5 minutes, water will be absorbed and remove from heat, add chopped up butter and stir till butter is melted.
- 3Transfer to large bowl and let cool.
- 4Set oven to 350*F and grease and flour muffin cups or use paper liner.
- 5Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- 6Mix in nuts and blend into fruit mixture.
- 7Spoon into muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugarless Fruit Nut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 236.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g