Recipe by Dorel
This is from another website. I did a few changes, I have made 12 muffins with 2 cups of chopped prunes. Also made them with dried apricots and dates. You would never know these didn't have sugar in them.
Top Review by baking&biking
Oh wow, these were SOOOOOOO good. They were good like a bowl of oatmeal with dried fruit and nuts. I used whole wheat pastry flour and brummel and brown instead of butter and they turned out great. My new favorite muffins!
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped prune
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (I am going to use egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine water, dates, raisins and prunes.
- Boil for 5 minutes, water will be absorbed and remove from heat, add chopped up butter and stir till butter is melted.
- Transfer to large bowl and let cool.
- Set oven to 350*F and grease and flour muffin cups or use paper liner.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Mix in nuts and blend into fruit mixture.
- Spoon into muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.