Recipe by tehparrot
This recipe is sugar-free because it uses brown rice syrup instead of sugar. Using brown rice syrup also reduces the amount of calories. For another variation, try using brown rice flour instead of wheat flour. Delicious! (Wild Oats recipe)
Top Review by 760494
These were easy enough to make, but they tasted just as the recipe says..."sugarless". I am all about eating healthy foods and using refined sugar substitutes, but not if it's going to taste bad.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate on low heat. Throughly stir in brown rice syrup and remove from heat. Blend in eggs one at a time and add vanilla. Stir in flour and pecans or walnuts.
- Spread in a greased 8x8-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Cool and cut into squares.