Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another recipe from Nee's stash found in an old cookbook. I remember her making this and it was really good. We never knew it was sugar free.
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 -6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) package Pillsbury ready made pie dough
- Mix all ingredients and cook over medium heat, bringing to a boil then reducing heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Press one crust into the bottom of a prepared 9 inch pie pan, then pour the filling on top of the crust.
- Top with remaining crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees about 45 minutes until crust is golden and apples are tender.
Delicious and easy.
this a great recipe
I used gravenstein apples and 12 ounce can of organic apple juice concentrate, and this pie turned out great! Pre-cooking the filling meant it didn't shrink much in the oven, so I made a lattice top pie crust. I also used my own whole-wheat pastry recipe rather then Pillsbury. It had wonderful flavor and we didn't miss the sugar at all!