Recipe by Sarah J
I also received a Blue Ribbon on these today at the 4-H County Fair. Don't over bake these.
Top Review by V.shirazawa
I really enjoyed this! I made a handful of substitutions inspired by my morning oatmeal:
Started at step 4:
1 c of gala apples
1/3 c of pecans (in lieu of dates & raisins)
1/2 c apple butter
& clove honey for my sweetener
They're really tasty! But next time I plan to add at least 2x as much honey. Thanks Sarah!
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon liquid artificial sweetener
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine dates, apple, raisins and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Stir into apple mixture and mix well.
- Combine eggs and sweetener; add to batter and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.