Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy coffee drink!
- 1 ounce pure maple syrup
- 3 ounces hot strong coffee or 3 ounces espresso
- 3 ounces scalded milk or 3 ounces steamed milk
- whipped cream, to garnish
- brown sugar (optional) or maple sugar (optional)
- Pour maple syrup into bottom of coffee mug.
- Add coffee and then pour in milk.
- Top with whipped cream drizzled with a bit more maple syrup.
- Sprinkle with brown or maple sugar, if desired.
What a great cup of coffee. You had me at the maple syrup. My favorite coffee drinks always include maple syrup. It is a rich, deep dark coffee with great depth. I garnished with whipped cream and a small dollap of maple syrup. Thanks for sharing this delicious treat. Made for Pool Party Tag. :)
The maple syrup made it sweet enough for me, without adding brown sugar. (I used Vermont maple syrup) I skipped the whipped cream (don't care for it on my coffees) and topped mine with some of the steamed milk froth. Tasted kind of like a maple bar! Very good. Made for TOP FAVORITES of 2009 COOKBOOKS TAG GAME
Delicious! I absolutely recommend you try this if you have maple syrup in the house! I did this to my own measurements as I didn't have a weigh scale. I used approximately 1/8 cup pure canned Canadian Maple Syrup and 1/2 cup Maxwell House Instant Half Caff with double the granules to be strong. I do recommend real coffee and whip cream for this to be decadent. I used the spray canned whipped cream in reduced fat formula and the maple syrup on top hid the weird aftertaste. I did not add the additional brown sugar or maple sugar on top because it definitely didn't need it along with the maple syrup drizzle but for looks and style I would use maple sugar if serving to a guest. A make again and again in my books. Made for Comfort Cafe - Snow Queens Round 01/10.